Friday, April 23, 2010

Mmmm... beer....


I like beer. I like trying new beers. My go-to cheap beer is Miller Lite.

There are billboards around town advertising Miller Lite. And even on TV the commercials talk about how it is "Triple hops brewed for a great pilsner taste". What the hell does that even mean? Does your average beer drinker really know what "triple hops brewed" is?

Will your average beer drinker taste some other beer, like Bud Light, and turn their nose up and say "this crap is clearly only double hops brewed for mediocre pilsner taste"? Or gag and vomit at the mere thought of some beer that is only single hop brewed (would it be single hop or single hops? I bet it's hops. They are talking about the brewing, not the number of hops. I bet if they only used *a* hop that would probably not even qualify as beer. I at least know that much).

Anyway, I was just wondering...

6 comments:

BeckEye said...

I used to always drink Miller Lite. It was MY beer. I even dressed up as a bottle of Miller Lite for Halloween once.

Then I jumped on the Yuengling train because it was a Pennsylvania beer and a little harder. (Though being a little harder than Miller Lite isn't, uh, hard.) But when I moved to NYC, I started trying all different kinds of beers. I LOVE Belgian beers. They get you effed up a lot faster. Delirium Tremens is my favorite of those.

And I can't tell you the last time I had a Miller Lite.

Bob said...

Beats the shit outta me what that means. But I'll bet I know where and when you can find the answer to that question.

I once had some Miller Lite that was just five days old, and it was soooo goooood. Usually when I buy it around here it tastes like piss for some reason.

Icehouse is pretty damn tasty too. I'm not even sure if they still make it.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I am a big beer fan. I spin around the ceiling every night.
Mt Belgian is Chimay and my Russian is Baltika.

Jen said...

What ever happened to

Where the Hell is that card?

joe said...

Um, I think it's time for a new post there, Amy...

Sans Pantaloons said...

Happy Birthday Amy!