Sunday, April 10, 2011

3 things...

The Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure. I'm going to participate in this. The company I work for has a team, so I'm going to register. In my mission to get healthy, I'm planning to run the 5k. RUN. THE WHOLE WAY. I'm pretty sure I can train for that and be ready by June 4th. And, you all will be cheering me on... at least on the internet, right?


I made this. It's Asparagus and White Bean Salad. I found the recipe on When Harry Met Salad. Megan is a fantastic blogger, writer and photographer (I ripped those pictures off of her blog... thanks Megan!). Her recipe is Asparagus and White Bean Bread Salad, and is adapted from Gourmet. I further adapted it and didn't use the bread. It was still delicious, and I plan to make this simple recipe many times, at least while asparagus is in season. Two thumbs up! Or 5 out of 5 stars! Or... whatever.

I'm reading this. The Bucolic Plague by Josh Kilmer-Purcell. Sorry for the smallish picture. Josh is one of The Fabulous Beekman Boys, and if you haven't seen their show on Planet Green, you don't know what you're missing. They are hilarious and sweet and... human. And, they are coming to Madison next weekend and I'm going to have them sign my book! They can't escape me.

I'm reading a lot these days, because I got rid of cable. And since I also don't have a digital converter box, I'm basically limited to Netflix and the internet (still able to watch the Beekman Boys!). But... I really don't mind not having cable. I'm sure saving a butt-load of money!!

1 comment:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Best of luck with the 5K Amy. I'll be cheering from this side of the pond - loudly!