Friday, July 18, 2008

Problems... BIG Problems...

Okay, not really... don't get excited.

One of my problems is that a few of my friends are planning trips and want me to go. Now, I would absolutely LOVE to go (one is a cruise in Jan/Feb... the other is a trip to Vegas this coming August), but this chick just does NOT have the funds for such a thing.

I've never been the type of person who just happens to have hundreds of dollars in an account to be able to jet to wherever on a moments notice. And, at the moment I'm pretty much living paycheck to paycheck, so "saving" for the cruise isn't really an option, either. Not to mention that I want to get the hell out of this apartment when my lease is up, and that will take some money (4.5 months left on the lease). So, I just need to keep my priorities straight. I think next year will be much comfier (is that a word? Like comfy... but comfy-er) for me, and perhaps I can do some fun travelling things like that. So, just chill, amigos.

The other problem. Often times being the single mom to teenage boys is .... boring. They are out and about, and I'm stuck at home. I do have friends, and have had quite a few interesting and fun nights, but then I hate it when everyone has plans and I don't. I just want more and more friends and more and more things to do. I've just been "mom" for so long, and now I'm more "Amy"... and it's nice. I need to get to the point where I feel comfortable all by myself, instead of restless and bored.

2 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

At least you can take comfort in the award I gave you...

I feel your pain, though...we never have anything left over, but that will change soon, I hope.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Are there any open mic nights anywhere around? Stand up is the best way to absolutely scare the shit out of yourself. You have tons of material, you are a movie star!