Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How the hell does this happen???

My job requires me to process medical insurance claims. On an almost daily basis I run across claims for things you just don't think could really happen... or are just plain hilarious. I know, I'm mean.

Today someone submitted a claim for "accidentally ingesting hearing aid batteries".

A. Why would you have hearing aid batteries near your mouth in the first place?

B. HOW would you "accidentally" ingest them? Did they jump out of your hearing aid and into your soup?

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Maybe he had his head up his ass and when he pulled it out things got ripped off and moved around. Maybe when the batteries got stuffed into his mouth he took a deep breath and involuntarily swallowed due to the taste. It could happen!!!

Some Guy said...

Hearing aids are considered a delicacy in some parts of the world.

Superwoman said...

awww, be nice to the blind old man. te he!

Greg said...

They feel really funny on your tongue.

Um.

I mean, I don't know.

Dale said...

Do we all have to hear his stomach grumble now?

Amy, guess where the card is? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. :-)